It's not about who but of heart

   



   Our hearts are full. They have been through changes and ups and downs. Through happy and sad. But even in this difficult time what do we know? It is the absolute truth of our existence that can pull us through all sorts of times. No matter the human, our hearts attitude is our steadfast place. Though I have not been on this earth for long, I have begun to see what it means to have faith in God no matter what. Do things make me nervous as I look into the future with my kids involved. YES. But ever since.... well about March 2020, God has been stirring up something in me a steadfast hold, a peace in the storm, a safe shelter. What is it? The Truth of God's word. Let me share with you God's truth the absolute peace in the storm (just to name a few there are way more).

   (the next is the honest open Molly paraphrasing of verses God is bringing to my heart. They are from all over the Bible and are coming up through God. Go check your bible for a better translation. HEHE)

  Remain in me and I will remain in you. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, Peace I leave with you my peace I give you. I do not give as the world does but trust and do not be afraid. Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never fail. A heart at peace gives life to the body. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. I am the beginning and the end. For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believed in him should not perish but have eternal life. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. To humans belong the plans of the heart but for the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue. In their hearts, humans plan their course but the Lord establishes their steps.


   This is only a taste of peace in the storm that reading and seeking God allows. Lately, my heart has had anger, sadness, and just emotion. So many things so many worries. BUT my heart has been stirred again that God is still God his promises are true. I have the above paragraph of many verses and truths flooding my brain and heart again. I then can step back, and break the hourly (yep hourly) cycle of negatives and continue to be renewed even when all answers are waiting, unsure, or ultimately out of my hands. (see verse) I can make plans but it is the Lord who establishes their steps. So in everything, God is in control and knows my path. How does that bring this control-seeking momma peace? RELEASE. I release the control of outcomes of ending points, of painful unknowns to God who already knows. I rest in knowing he is still holding me still remaining in me and even when all else fails God is still God. PEACE. I have been reminded to practice accepting and living in peace, the peace from God. It is bringing my thoughts and opinions to GOD leaving them at his feet and filling myself with His word which then fills the waiting with more clarity from God. I can't change every outcome, I can't say the right things to help heal or to bring others to change, and I can't harbor anger for others who are just seeking God's truth and are on a different journey. BUT God can. God can change the outcome for his will, God can change ME and my thoughts to glorify Him, God can be justice and mercy in all situations, God can change ME to be more like His Son so I can walk in my path illuminating God's love and truth in a dark world that is turned upside down. Giving Him full control and allowing me to be changed is my starting place. It's not easy or will be popular to see my sin brought up through seeking God but it is the ONLY way to be renewed and change the world.  I have begun to see how the peace of God even in a seeming crisis calms my heart. If we choose to look to him, all the stress of the world will fall short and our hearts and community will see that God is our only hope. This all begins with me.








Comments

Popular Posts