How to Judge others....

    

    




    Funny title huh? After all, wouldn't our human sinful nature just love for God to write a book like that? OK here is how to judge others so you can bring yourself above others. Have you heard your little voice inside say " If  (insert a name) would only read the Bible they get it.", " How do they not see what they are doing?, "If they would only do _____ they would see the world like I do?"  They are so wrong because they don't see their own error". HUH, these were just the ones I have found myself thinking about situations.. What me? I have found when I start using these statements, though hidden under the guise of spiritual words, I am the one who is moving past the truth into my opinion and judgment of others. 

(Again Molly's biblical rampage of Judge-type verses I remember or looked up, feel free to search these in your bible too!)

     Do not judge lest you be judged. Vengeance is mine says the Lord. Can anyone teach knowledge to God, since he judges even the highest? Let the Lord judge the people. God is a righteous judge, a God who displays his wrath every day. It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

    So If you're not going to tell me how to judge someone what am I to do? Well, as I was in a moment of pure human judgment against others, I was awoken by God's Spirit to read Proverbs 12-18 over and over. I mean every day multiple times as my heart felt compelled to judge others. WHY? 

Proverbs 16:1- To human belong the plans of the heart but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.

Prov 16:28- A perverse person stirs up conflict and a gossip separates close friends.

Prov-17:4- A wicked person listens to deceitful lips a liar pays attention to a destructive tongue. 

Prov 15:32- Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but tho one who heeds corrections gains understanding.

As I read proverbs the first time my mind did this-----"Oh yeah that last one is for ______. who just ...... Yeah so and so must be a wicked person because they listen to deceitful lips....."

  And BOOM, My heart was hit with a convicting blow from the Holy Spirit. God spoke through to me my heart my sinful judgemental wicked heart and said "Molly I did not write Proverbs for you to use as a judgment of others but to reveal sin in your life as you read." Go back and reread this over and over. Do not look for the plank in others' eyes but let's work on the one in your eye. OK, I heard this and asked for forgiveness for my sinful thoughts and wicked use of the Bible. YES, my heart has been needing the DISCIPLINE from the Lord as in Proverbs 15:32. 

     From then on as I have read through Proverbs, my sin has been revealed, my eyes open to living a new way one of renewal of again turning my eyes to Jesus because I am still human and need to be renewed.  Though it is hard to read and be disciplined it is necessary to become more like God. That is our ultimate goal to be Imitators of God therefore as dearly loved children (Eph 5:1). And as we chose the discipline to really look at our lives and repent of the sin that sometimes gets masked by our pride, and judgment of others, we will be able to see God more clearly, learn and gain wisdom from His word and Ultimately realign our minds and hearts to do what HE wants NOT WHAT WE WANT. He is our creator, HE created us to follow after the example Jesus left and to be renewed to have HIS Vision of others, not our human clouded vision. When we release our human sinful nature over and over we then can get a clearer view of His heavenly purpose and can impact the world through living like Jesus then others will see God's Love through us. 

Just try reading through Proverbs a few times. See how your perspective changes when you allow God to expose your sin and discipline the ones He Loves.


Prov. 16:2-3 All a person's ways seem pure to them but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans.

 Prov 16:9 In their heart humans plan their course but the Lord establishes their steps. 


Comments

Popular Posts