Basic Keto Chaffle


As most of you begin to read this you are thinking... What is a Chaffle? I didn't know either until a few months ago. A Chaffle is a lower-carb waffle sometimes made with cheese (hence Ch-Cheese Affle- Waffle). For those who eat lower carb, keto ect. there is sometimes a craving for something familiar. With no grains- like bread, oats, pastas ect. sometimes just protein and veggies can seem dull alone. This is why so many people have come up with different versions of "close to" versions.  of our favorite foods. At the beginning of my Keto journey, I was cutting out everything and sticking very close to veggies and protein. I still am but have given some of these "close to" versions a shot. While I do not rely on these daily, it is fun to try out some of these and give myself a little change. 

The first "close to" I have tried is the a Keto muffin, made with almond flour, which I make weekly in various versions to help supplement more variety and yes hit my sweet tooth while staying sugar-free.  I love these muffins and do many variations like lemon blueberry, cinnamon, chocolate, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and spiced muffins. In this post you can see my recipe and more about my love for these muffins.

Back to chaffles. As I journey in my life I have felt a little want to give my food a crunch and platform to sit on. For my brunch at 12pm, I usually eat eggs, a protein (sausage or bacon) veggies and such.. Though I love eggs and make them very differently I was looking for that crunch breadlike addition to change it up. SO came in the chaffle.


Basic Keto Chaffle
Ingredients:
1 egg
2 TSbp Almond flour
1/4 cup mozzerella cheese (or any mix you have)
sprinkle of salt /pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients in the bowl.
2. Mix well 
3. Pour into the waffle maker (makes 2 servings around 1-2 carbs each). Cook around 3-4 mins.


This is what it will look like. It comes out very easy and if cooked longer will be nice and crispy. 

I have made a savory pizza chaffle using more seasonings like italian, garlic, onion ect.

Also a sweet cinnamon spice chaffle, same ingredients adding a tsp of monkfruit "sugar" and spices. I also used confectioners swerve with heavy whipping cream to make a frosting. SO sweet but so good!

Comments

Popular Posts