Tea Time


      Birthdays have always been special to me. As a kid, we always had birthday parties if we wanted them and always felt special with little things and decorations. I do remember my "golden" birthday a 15 was collaborated with my best friends and my mother. It was such a surprise and fun of such great food, games, lots of shredded documents, which now would be illegal probably, but ops.  Now having my own children and loving all things fun and crafty, I have loved doing the little things to make each one of their birthdays special. Saying this, I am going to be sharing some of my past birthday ideas in hopes that this would inspire others with ideas. I love pinterest shopping for ideas that in turn I want to create for myself. So here you go! 

       This was my first, first birthday. April 15, 2015 My oldest turned 1. I figured since she couldn't really tell me what theme she would want I could pick for myself! I love everything dishes, tea sandwiches, and vintage patterns! So Tea Party is is. I did not take as many pictures as I would end up later on but here are a few things I did to make this party simple yet Tea worthy.
I soon learned that when I think of birthdays and themes there is always room for the birthday girl to get a new shirt or wear something theme worthy. So as I searched pinterest I found so many great ideas.I love to sew and have since I was a kid so when I see things made online I always think could I do this myself? This was one that was really easy and could be done with or without a sewing machine. I made this one shirt and vintage tutu. If you would like a tutorial click this link to see more. 

I created this Happy Birthday sign with craft paper and printed letters. For a long time I have used plates on my walls to decorate so this just helped my decor for a tea party! As you can see she was born close to Easter so I used some of the Easter theme items to complement the colors and tea theme.

A reusable chalk board has been used at our house for years. Though I do not have the best handwriting, I have used this chalkboard for birthdays, scripture verses, really anything that needs a sign. I bought this one at a second hand store for 3 dollars and spray painted the edge silver. It's fun to play around with what you can write about your kids and encourage them around the house. 

Here is my little Emma enjoying her birthday! she is wearing the shirt I made along with the tutu and I slipped some white leggings on under to keep her warm. Oh these days are so precious. Birthdays do not need to be huge gathering but I feel that a birthday surrounded by loved one with little crafty decorations made with love are the best.

This cake picture is added because though we had cake she just touched the cupcake, did not put any in her mouth. But that has completely changed! She is a huge frosting lover now! If you want to see more ideas I had pinned for this birthday follow me on Pinterest.

Comments

Popular Posts