Moana Shared Birthday!
This year since we added a wonderful little boy to our family, we decided to group together the girls' birthdays which are exactly one month apart! They both love similar themes and so it is time to share! This year was a Moana themed party! As usual, I love doing balloons over our window since we found this balloon tape. It is easy to tack up and add balloons to create all different balloon arches or any balloon decor.
I ventured to create Pinterest tissue paper Hibiscus flowers, from bluet and clover. I used the old tissue paper that I had left over from the past few years! I also printed some kakamora faces and added them to construction paper!
Picked up a few dollar store flowers already made which was a relief and yet a wonderful surprise how large and wonderful they are!
Also got these 5 and 3 balloons from the dollar store which was a surprise they had them!
The cake was a Pinterest remake. I layered 2 8x8 layers of white cake dyed blue, and 2 chocolate layers with chocolate frosting between! Emma loves chocolate and Elizabeth loves white cake! I covered it all in blue buttercream frosting then added Pirouline wafer cookies around the outside and crushed graham crackers for sand! I swirled ombre colored buttercream to represent the ocean and placed bought Moana characters on top to complete the theme! I did add these little flower pieces around the edge to add a more island feel as well! Tip: Make more frosting than you think- I used three batches of frosting to create this cake inside and out!
The girls had a blast with the flower lays and crowns I bought as well as a few Moana decorations I found while searching for ideas! We had such a fun time! I wonder what next year will bring!








Comments
Post a Comment