Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes


As I am journeying on this Keto lifestyle, I have found that trying to replace my old favorites, such as cake, cookies, bread etc, have not been worth my time. The outcomes of some of my trials have been so opposite from the original thing that I feel they are not worth reproducing. This is not the case for everyone and there are some great recipes to try but for me, I think that while I am trying to be healthy sometimes it requires some sacrifice and change in my favorites! I have found some great recipes that have become new cravings that are Keto friendly! One of the recipes is Cream Cheese Pancakes. I love love love breakfast and would usually have something a tad sweet with my coffee. These pancakes with a few blueberries or strawberries hit the spot every time! They taste similar to a crepe which I have come to love!!!!!! 


Ingredients are so simple: cream cheese, eggs, and Erythritol or keto friendly sweetener is the base. Then you can add what you like. I add flaxseed, to everything, but it helps get a little more fiber, and healthy oils into my diet, as well as vanilla, cinnamon, and almond flavor. I LOVE adding Almond. I know my last name is dutch but though I am 5'3", brown hair and green-eyed my Dutchness is seen in my love for everything almond flavored! (ps my fav is almond patties- not so keto friendly anymore but adding in almond flavor into this batter helps me fill that void!).

Next step is to dump the ingredients into a blend, and by dump I mean dump. If you are adding the flaxseed, I would add it at the end after the eggs have been put in. I find that the flaxseed gets stuck at the bottom once liquids are mixed on top. Then blend away, looking for a smooth consistency. It will be runnier than pancake batter but that is ok. 

I usually make these on a griddle with the heat up to 325, If using a skillet I would make sure the pan is on medium heat and completely warm before putting the batter in. This will help them cook and not spread out to much. Also, this batter will burn easily so watch it. 


After bubbles form, it doesn't take long, flip and cook a little on the other side. Cool them completely before storing in the fridge. I usually eat 3 a day and make enough for about 4 days with the whole batter. So about 9-12 pancakes. They are flimsy so be careful they tear easily. I eat these a lot so they do not last very long at our house. 


 Add some blueberries and enjoy! I also added a quick keto friendly blueberry syrup idea! See below!

Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes

Ingredients:

Base:
4 oz of cream cheese 
4 eggs
2-4 T of Erythritol or sugar substitute

Optional:
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Almond
sprinkle of Cinnamon
1/4 cup or so- flaxseed- Be Careful if you don't use it a lot it takes some adjusting to work well with
                                     your body

1. Add all ingredients to your blender. (Add eggs first if using flaxseed in a blender).
2. As blending heat up skillet or griddle medium heat - or around 325 degrees
3. Pour batter like pancakes and watch they do not take long to cook. (you can sprinkle flaxseed onto the batter after you pour- this is a way to make sure you get a more even use).
4. Eat plain or add blueberries or strawberries. 

Blueberry syrup- take a handful of blueberries, place in a microwave-safe bowl, warm up for 20 sec with a lid on top (they explode). Smash and have a wonderful blueberry syrup! I do not use sugar in the syrup but if you would like a sweeter taste add your keto friendly sugar substitute.



Comments

Popular Posts