Relationship with Sin



       A few months ago as I was talking to some fellow sisters in Christ, I was struck by something in my heart. SIN. I know sin. I know what it looks like, smells like, ect. It creeps in but we who have been saved from it also can, if we are seeking God, can see it's small quiet shadow before it gets in and around us. It's not the act of sin I was thinking about or struck by it is the emotion that I get when I see it. In this day and age of media, technology at our fingertips, sin is all around us. In the news, in the shows we watch, music, radio, you name it there can be sin right there. It starts in our minds creep to our hearts.

For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Ephesians 5:5

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

     Sin is serious. As we see through the bible it recks people and can't even be in the same place as God. God's wrath was towards sin so much so there needed to be a sacrifice, Jesus HIS own son, to appease his wrath. Sin is the farthest thing from God. Sin is death. Sin is separation from God. Yet Jesus even on the cross mourned the sinners, us, so much he cried out for forgiveness for us. How can we continue to sin so much? My heart is mourning my repetitive sin and lack of focus on God. 

The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but he loves him who pursues righteousness. Proverbs 15:9

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.1 John 2:5

     When you see or hear about a murder you are revolted. When you hear of an injustice you feel anger by the actions of others, but what about the sin that is "accepted"? The desensitized sin that is around us.. The thoughts and actions of ourselves or others that we could just "over-look" "tolerate" ? My heart is there- being challenged by the TRUTH of GOD's word to break the barrier of tolerated sin that is in the world for my heart. I have been praying that my heart would "mourn" sin that I see. Be so saddened by it that I might seek God and HIS word to help expose the sin that so easily entangles in my life that I can see HIS TRUTH, the WORD of GOD, so clearly that my actions in relation to others is out of LOVE for GOD and mourning sin that others can be free from sin by GOD and the freedom in Christ through forgiveness and a new life. What does that look like? Is radical yelling out at others the sin they have? Is it shutting the world out? Not always, I believe the action toward sin starts in our own hearts and then through the Holy Spirits guidance we act as of God, not ourselves.

But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. Isaiah 59:2

    Paul and many others have yelled out their mourning of sin in their communities. Whether it's Paul standing in front of thousands proclaiming the idols, the people have only known, are false and that is sinning towards God or John the baptist declaring Jesus' return and calling out the "brood of vipers"  that were living in the law and not in the full word of God. Some are called to be loud, each called by God using their talents and voices to proclaim the Truth of God lead by the Holy Spirit. Some were called to be lights and not so loud voices. Noah built a boat, David wrote songs, some simply followed Jesus and His teachings allowing His words to speak to others just by simply listening and telling others... It is the Lord who leads us- not our fleshly emotions but our spiritual emotions that are given by God through the Holy Spirit and the word of God. We may not know how we will respond to sin but we can trust that as we seek ye first the kingdom of God he will lead us in divine appointments where HE can speak through us to lead others to the freedom from sin that comes through the blood of Jesus. 

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

    I have been praying that God would open my heart to see the sin in my life that I have tolerated that is when seen in the light of the Word of God is lies and I take care of those things in my life first! Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, taking care of our hearts and minds first would be the first step. Gaining a richer more personal relationship with God is the only way to start. As we dig into God, we can start seeing around us through HIS lens to see the sin that we have been overlooking. Once we can see through HIS lense then our hearts would be so broken for those around us who are visible and invisible slaves to sin, that we would through the Holy Spirit and God's Love be so compelled to share God's love and freedom in Christ without hesitation as God gives us wisdom and guidance. It is a lifelong journey to becoming more like Jesus and I in no way have attained it but urge you to pray with me to begin to mourn sin as Jesus does and let that and God's love be the projection of our witness to others. 

Comments