Independent Learning Binders
I have seen through my years of teaching some great ideas! So many teachers I have worked with that have given me so many ideas that I use even today! One is personal binders. these binders are created to meet your kid's needs. I use 3 binders, One for each kid and one for me to add new ideas and organize future practice skills.
Why do I use personal binders?
I use them to help facilitate learning. Each child has age-appropriate learning to practice while I am either prepping a project or learning ideas, getting things set out, running after the 1-year-old, or just during times they need something to do. This helps me get them practicing skills at any time of the day.
What does it look like?
I have a preschooler and kindergartener I have created binders for and love them.
Preschool-
Each day kids get a calendar time- or routine that builds skills they will need and creates a structure for adding new learning. I added the alphabet, days of the week, months of the year, weather study, basic shapes review, bugs in a jar- counting practice, name study, and other skills. These are all identified preschool skills that kids will need to know by the end of preschool. I love getting ahead start on identifying these things which give kids plenty of time to learn these skills they will need.
Here is what the pages look like:
Alphabet: Sing and point to letters, also say sounds for each letter
sing a song - I found on youtube to learn the days
Another song we learned,
we also ask When is ______ birthday? To start learning each birthday
What does the weather look like today?
Movable pointers we move each day
Shapes practice
How many bugs in a jar? I change the number often
Ask how many blue bugs?, How many red and green bugs? ect.
Found this great name learning on Pinterest
Spell the name pointing to the dots
Trace your name
(another side) with letter cards- spell your name
write your name
Learning skills with fun printable cards
Math ideas- I change often while learning new skills
sticks with songs to remind me to teach fun songs they will need to help them learn
Also dollar store learning books to practice.
All of this is what she has in a routine to practice either with me or by herself while I work with the other kid on skills. These have saved me while I am home trying to get more learning in! I printed all these pages either used protective sliders or laminated each page for easy reuse. You can add things easily but keep in the basics for added support.
Kindergarten Binder-
This is her view when she opens it- there are a few extras like letter tiles to help with making words ect. for lessons ect.
Got these from her teacher to practice each month so I added it to our daily practice binder
one is silly CVC words, and numbers to keep them fresh and automatic.
Alligator is shoe tieing practice (we are getting there)
Words are for practicing sight words- also using Read-Spell-Read
Sight word recognition and practice (you can never practice enough)
Though its March almost April, I got these from her teacher and love the added practice like a calendar time practicing so many skills at once!!
Writing letters- neatly is our practice!
Journals for writing (again kept from when she brought this home- using up extra pages she had- why not this momma keeps it all just in case!)
Dollar store learning pages to add to the work on math, reading ect..
All of this was found again from things I kept, printed online, ect. You can create your own and can find many already made online to help know what you kids should practice ect. Use this to help build independent learning for kids. Sometimes we do this together at first then move to practice it by themselves.. "go get your binder and start practicing" is all I say and things start!





















Comments
Post a Comment