It's A Zoo around here!


Time for another birthday celebration share! It's a Zoo, She is turning 2! I love birthdays and this one is one of my favorites. 2018 my youngest turned 2 years old. She loves the Zoo and every animal she owns so I thought what an easy to have the Zoo Animals be the theme for our birthday! Well, it was a great idea. I usually go to a party store to get my plates and a very few extra fun themed additions and I was sent on a huge scavenger hunt for Zoo animals theme. Well after finding my napkins at the Dollar Tree, and plates, tablecloth, and tattoos (we love tattoos at our house) I began my usual compilation in my closet of Zoo party ideas. 


My set up is as usual in my house, against the back door with my table. I bought a few tropical leaves at Hobby Lobby (for this party and to add into the Ariel Party for my oldest daughter)! I used the girls Zoo stuffed animals to get the table nice and ready for the Party! I love when there are things that I can use that the girls already have! 


The cake this year was a simple 9 inch round double vanilla cake with blue vanilla butter cream around and between the layers. I didn't have any round cake pans so I went searching for some. Found 8 Inch and 9-inch rounds and thought that 9-inch would be great.. Come to find out I should have stuck with my gut that a 8 inch round would give me a higher cake... But that is for next time. The 9-inch rounds I made 2 whole cake recipes, which was too much cake and a pretty flat cake. I flattened the tops of each round, frosted, did a ring of sprinkles then added the Dollar Tree Zoo animals that I added hats too! The party hats were made out of a very small piece of paper and a glue gun! These guys were cheap and my favorite part of the decorations!


I did make chocolate cupcakes as well. I used a Crazy cake recipe, which has no egg, just for ease of baking and I had all the ingredients at home. I frosted with a homemade chocolate butter cream sprinkles and frosted animal crackers (my favorites as a kid until gluten became an issue:( .  I saw this on Pinterest- HOW EASY!


My 2 year old loving the decorations. She asked me if it was time for cake and it was only  9 am! My kinda gal! Also, I love having theme shirts and she picked out a simple elephant shirt with a mommy and baby- I almost cried in the store. Ok, a little but I love my kiddos!




The snack mix was a popcorn, fishy cracker, M&M, and leftover frosted animals cracker mix which I sent home with the kiddos after the party! It was also close to Easter and the Dollar Tree had Animal eggs so each kid got a tattoo and some candy in an egg to take home! Simple and easy!


I did splurge and get face masks from the party supply store and they were a hit! We loved being different animals!


This was one fun birthday! Hope you are inspired to have fun during your next birthday celebration! 

Comments

  1. I love the hats on the animals on the cake. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment